You can actually survive without food for months, but without water you’d die after a few days, so needless to say, water is absolutely essential to life.
Your body is made up mostly of water. All human Cells are comprised of 75% to 85% Water.
Your body depends on clean water to perform its daily functions, such as digestion, temperature and blood regulation, respiration, and detoxification.
- Your blood is over 90 percent water and uses water to transport oxygen, nutrients, and antibodies throughout your body.
- Lubricates and cushions your joints. Cartilage is composed of 65% to 85% Water. Muscles are composed of 70% to 75% Water.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- Increased intake of Water increases Basal Metabolism (BMR), primarily because the body uses Energy to heat cold Water to body temperature.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism by as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is a major trigger of daytime fatigue. Just a 5 percent drop in body fluids can cause a 25 to 30 percent loss of energy?
- Mild dehydration, which occurs even before we become thirsty, could be enough to alter mood and energy levels and ability to think clearly, leaving us cranky and tired.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Continual, long-term Water deficiency (i.e. Dehydration) may be a contributory factor in some cases of Hypertension. Drink water each two hours in day time. The cells get their vital water from the blood, so when there is not much water available, extra pressure is needed to inject the water through the minute holes into the cells.
CONSTIPATION – To allieve constipation (drink a glass of warm water first thing in the morning).
SALIVA – Water is a component of Saliva.
- Your skin is 80 percent water. Plentiful water is needed to maintain your skin’s elasticity and moisture barrier.
- Your body’s ability to flush out toxins and properly assimilate nutrients depends heavily on an abundant intake of clean, chemical free water. The more stress, toxins, and pollutants your body battles with each day, the more water it needs.
- Water irrigates and cleanses the Kidneys and acts as a carrier vehicle for the Kidneys’ excretion of Toxins from the body:
- Kidney Stones may be prevented by drinking sufficient Water (enough to produce 2 – 3 quarts of urine per day).
- Gout – Water is the vehicle for the elimination of excessive Uric Acid from the body.
- Alcohol Detoxification – Drinking Water before, during and after the consumption of Alcohol may help to prevent the side effects of Hangovers associated with Alcohol’s diuretic actions
- Water functions as the carrier vehicle for Perspiration (and via Perspiration it helps to regulate Body Temperature).
- High intake of Water may reduce the risk of Bladder Cancer (by up to 51%). references
- High consumption of Water may reduce the risk of Colon Cancer.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
- The daily requirement for Water increases during Pregnancy – it has been theorized that Morning Sickness occurs when sub-optimal quantities of Water are consumed by the mother and the Nausea that occurs during Morning Sickness may be a manifestation of Thirst from the unborn Fetus.