Vitamin D Levels Linked To Uterine Fibroid Risk
Research has found that women who had enough vitamin D cut their risk for uterine fibroids by nearly one third. Fibroids are tumours that develop in the uterus which are not cancerous, but often cause pain and bleeding in premenopausal women. Because of discomfort, they are the leading cause of hysterectomies and can contribute to fertility issues.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO?
- Eat ORGANIC – vegetables, including maitake mushrooms, sea vegetables and plenty of cruciferous vegies like broccoli and also fresh fruit.
- Include foods with plenty of fibre and essential fatty acids, and drink green tea.
- Eat right for your blood type.
- Avoid junk foods, beer, sugar, trans fats, and additives to prevent future accumulation of toxins which may be a contributing cause of fibroids.
- Lose weight if overweight and avoid constipation.
- Beneficial Herbs include: black cohosh, peony, thuja, chaste tree, ladies mantle, rosemary, shepherd’s purse, wild yam, phytolacca and raspberry leaf.
- Selection of herbs would depend upon your particular symptoms, and your constitution following a Iridology consultation.
- Please contact me for an appointment to discuss the best programme for you, according to blood type, symptoms and your inherited constitution.