Some herbs reduce the severity of an allergic reaction by:
- Supporting the liver to fight of foreign substances such as allergens.
- Reducing histamine levels in the blood responsible for a physical allergic reaction
- Boosting the immune system
- Stimulating the adrenal glands to release Cortisone, which frees respiratory constriction to enable easy breathing
- Reducing inflammation caused by the allergic reaction in the body
- Soothing mucous membranes and assisting with mucous expulsion.
Many different herbs offer relief to symptoms of allergies without the unwanted side effects of some medications, such as drowsiness or dry mouth. Some of these herbs include: Eyebright, Golden Seal, Marshmallow, Mullein, Chamomile, Gingko Biloba, Plantain, Nettle, Elder Flower, Albizzia, Baical Skullcap, Horseradish and Golden Rod.
I can formulate herbal tincture to suit your particular symptoms.